Actually, now phones are our first priority. Most of you reading this blog will have an Android phone. The story of Android is quite interesting. Today we are going to talk about interesting and surprising facts about android.
Read also: 19 Games facts
So let’s begin…
1. Android was not created by Google but was purchased by Google in July 2005 for $50 million.
2. Andy Rubin is the creator of Android, He was nicknamed “Android” by his co-workers at Apple in 1989 due to a love of robots.
3. The Android operating system was not built for smartphones. In fact, it was designed for digital cameras.
4. The first Android phones did not have a headphone jack and an adapter was required to charge the phone.
5. The first Android prototype looked like a BlackBerry
6.) Android development is based on Linux.
7. Android is called a male robot, while a female robot is called “Gynoid”.
8. All Android versions, except Android 1.0 & 1.1, are named after sweet treats or desserts. Android operating systems are released alphabetically. Such as:
Astro, Bender, Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, Pie, and upcoming android Q
9. The Oreo version of Android is the most used version.
10. There are statues outside of Google’s headquarters for each version of the Android OS.
11. Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) is a version that was made for tablets, so it does not work on mobile phones.
12. When Android was made, it was a completely open-source. it means any person could modify it and add new features.
13. The first smartphone running on Android was released in 2008. This phone, named HTC Dream, is also known as T-Mobile G1.
14. Android logo inspired by the logos on bathrooms.
15. The word ‘Android’ means a human with a male robot appearance.
16. 99% of all mobile malware is targeted at Android users.
17. A study claims that Android users are more honest and humble than iPhone users.
18. Android logo is not called Android, Google unofficially called him Bugdroid.
19. Microsoft earns $ 2 Billion per year from Android as patent royalty
20. In late 2004, Samsung had the opportunity to buy Android but saw no potential in it, so they turned down the opportunity.
21. Google Maps calculates traffic to find out how fast Android devices are moving on the road.
22. Android devices sell more than Microsoft Windows, iOS, and Mac OS X devices combined
Android facts and statistics (2019)
23. It controls 85% of the world smartphone market.
24. Android passes 2.5 billion monthly active devices.
25. Android users, on average, tap their smartphone 2,617 times a day.
Is Android Free
Android is an open-source mobile operating system. Therefore, it is free for all.
You can easily share, view and tweak its code according to your requirement.
Read more: 100+ Technology Facts
Cupcake – Android 1.5
Donut – Android 1.6
Eclair – Android 2.0
Froyo – Android 2.2
Gingerbread – Android 2.3
Honeycomb – Android 3.0
Ice Cream Sandwich – Android 4.0
Jelly Bean – Android 4.1 – 4.3.1
KitKat – Android 4.4 – 4.4.4
Lollipop – Android 5.0 – 5.1.1
Marshmallow – Android 6.0 – 6.0.1
Nougat – Android 7.0
Oreo – Android 8.0 – 8.1
Pie – Android 9.0