The facts related to mobile phones are quite amazing. Now we cannot even imagine life without a phone. Smartphone has become an important part of our life. So let’s know some facts about this important thing.
Read more: 19 Games Facts
1. The world’s first cell phone was launched in 1983. It was the Motorola DynaTAC 800x. It was priced at around $4,000 and lasted for 30 minutes of talk time before dying.
2. The very first mobile phone call is done by Martin Cooper in 1973.
3. In 1983, the first mobile phones went on sale in the U.S. at almost $4,000 each.
4. The first GPS mobile phone was released in 1999 and it was called the “Benefon Esc!”.
5. Motorola iDEN i1000 Plus was the world’s first smartphone to have a mobile web along with email and characters. The phone could also send faxes, make calls, act as a radio and more.
6. Nokia 1100 is the best-selling phone in history and the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is the best-selling touchscreen phones.
7. IBM sold smartphones with a touch screen display input that could send emails and run 3rd party apps in 1994.
8. The first camera phone was released in Japan in 2000.
9. HTC’s EVO 3D is the first dual-camera phone.
10. You can get 1 gram of gold by just recycle 41 mobile phones.
11. China has special sidewalk paths for mobile/cell phone users.
12. 80% of mobile users used to spend time on Apps, but in 2019 this percentage has increased to 85%.
13. Before Nokia took over the number one spot 1986 Motorola was the world’s biggest mobile phone seller.
14. 90% of text messages are read within three minutes of being delivered.
15. 91% of people keep their mobile all day away just so that their hands reach.
16. In Japan, 90 to 95 percent of mobile phones are waterproof because many people use them in Shower.
17. Your smartphone is more powerful than the computer used by NASA during the Apollo mission.
18. The average person unlocks their smartphone at least 110 times a day.
19. Be careful while using your mobile phone, it might have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
20. One in three kids uses a mobile phone or tablet before they can speak.
21. In 2013, 21% of traffic accidents were related to the use of mobile phones.
22. Mobile phone throwing is an official sport in Finland.
23. Frigophobia is the fear that using your mobile is damaging your brain.
24. 5 Petabytes of data are generated every day by mobile phone users around the world.
25. The most expensive mobile number is ‘666 6666’ sold for $ 2.7 Million.
26. There was a mobile game in the Apple Appstore called “Send Me to Heaven” that asked the iPhone user to throw their phone as high as possible.
27. All smartphones sold in Japan doesn’t allow users to turn off the camera’s shutter sound.
Flip phones facts
28. The Motorola StarTAC, first released on 3 January 1996, is the first-ever clamshell (flip) mobile phone.
29. These phones were mostly used for two purposes: Call & text
Cell phone facts and statistics
30. Top 5 screens used by teenagers: Smartphone 78% Laptop 69% Television 68% Gaming Console 62% Tablet 52%
31. 65% of smartphone users don’t download a single app in any given month.
32. According to Google’s official blog, by 2020, more than half of all questions will be done by voice search.
33. 99% of all mobile malware is targeted at Android users.
Read more: 101 Technology Facts
Hope you enjoyed reading these facts related to mobile phones.